Fitzroy Community Hospice will provide
- An alternative to hospital or home-based palliative care, at no charge.
- A purpose built state of the art, 12 bed facility with a warm, home-like atmosphere for patients and families.
- A place where families are welcomed and encouraged to stay.
- Palliative care nurses and specialised staff providing 24/7 care.
- Family and caregiver support and respite services.
Comprehensive care addressing physical, cultural, emotional and spiritual care needs.
Grief and bereavement support for families and caregivers
Care provided at no charge to our community
Family togetherness – large lounge areas, private quiet spaces and garden seating
Caregiver support and assistance to navigate complex health systems
+50 volunteers and 14 FTE staff
Respite care and large patient rooms with space for loved ones to stay